Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Colorscape

There was weird light at my studio today.



colorscape1

I turned the folder around.

colorscape2

The color of the light got dimmer.


colorscape4

I tried a piece of moss,


colorscape3

then coal.

colorscape5

Moss and coal are nice but they don't really work here. I grabbed a red pencil box for some contrast,


colorscape6

then a roll of tape.
.
(I tried the tape before the pencil box but I switched the order so the best would come last).

After playing I realized what the photos reminded me of. The colorscape that was installed in Turku for the past few weeks. Inflated rooms in cel-like constellations where you could wander and sometimes hear music. It sounded nice but I was unable to go. Some friends went but didn't take the time to wait, there was always a long queue. A Facebook friend had taken photos there. Families smiling, posing and goofing around in flowing capes, it looked like utopian imagery from the sixties. Everything bathed in RGBs.

No comments:

Post a Comment