Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tagging pt. 2

I just deleted some tags. Tags like

Aesthetical

and

Political

You know the embarrassing feeling
“This is political!”

Of course it is
But that is not a category in my brain
It is way too vast

Most of the time I find myself tagging a feeling
Intuition
I may say to myself
Feelings are true!
ok

This picture is more about a feeling than anything else!
ok

But things fall apart at some point
And you don’t know what you meant by tagging a film still
“breathing”

Maybe you were hoping to make more posts about breathing

It seems kind of important

Like partiolaismarssi- that's a word for the annual Scouts Marching in Finnish
I tagged it at the moment
Because I heard the drums outside

As I was deleting tags
I wanted to make that tag useful
I decided to keep it
Because it was so specific and dumb
But not dumber than breathing, because of its specificity
It was eaxctly something

So it could be used

I figured, I will take this word and define what this means for me
It will be a strange rule
Among simpler ones
I can’t make categories that are obvious and deceiving, like words
I might be cheating myself of some vital experience-

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I arrived here via your flickr - which is awesome! I love your approach to tags! Don't let them define you, but define them yourself!

    Have a beautiful week!

    www.awonderingstar.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete