Sunday, April 12, 2009

Me + Universe = Hot and Heavy

Easter weekend nonstop quality smooching time with the universe.

sagan_space

sagan_fluff

sagan_tree

Detail


Related song:
“The Big U” Lyrics by The Blow

I must admit
I’ve been a little bit afraid of your relationship
With the Universe

I know that you, you love him best
And I can see the way he lights you up
I can feel him pounding there in your chest

I know one day
Your love story with him will probably take you away
And I’ll cry Yeah

But I’ll do it in the way I heard the therapist say
It’s not just sad
It just feels

I’m not immune to all the fears that float in the atmosphere
Am I awful?
Will I, I end up alone?

I can fall, feel a claw in the night
I’ll spend a week or two controlled by the phone

I know one day, I’ll watch the Universe come up and ask me out on a date
And I’ll say, “Yeah.”

And we’ll get into his car and we’ll go all the way
There’s no good reason not to

Big One
I thought that I was being generous, sharing you with him Wo oh oh

Big One Oh
You’re not mine to share. Nooo

Big One
I can see it will always be you and the Big “U”

Big One
I consider myself lucky to be let in on your threesome

---

Illustrations from Carl Sagan's Cosmos series.

Last detail of universe found from an old Mozart vinyl cover from my grandma's collection.

Blow lyrics from sexualityinart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment